- First if you would like to help with the wiki you'll need to Create an Account.
- Once you've done that, don't be afraid to click the edit tab to jump in and add any missing information.
- If you plan to change anything that has already been done, be sure to check the discussion tab before making any changes.
- If you are adding a page, please check the Templates to make sure there isn't a Template you should be using to add the new page.
- If you're editing a page that uses a Template, you should check the Templates to make sure that you are using the most up to date Template.
- If you're having any trouble understanding anything, you can always checkout the User's Guide for Editors at MediaWiki to learn more about wiki editing.
- When adding to the wiki, be careful not to give anything away; the wiki is here to help, not give away the game. (For example, maps should be left as is, chests and secret passages shouldn't be labeled because it's up to players to figure things like that out on their own.)
- Often things written in italics are directly quoted from the game, especially descriptions.
- When you add something to a discussion, you should sign it with "~~~~" (minus the quotes), which will automatically be changed to "Marksalot 07:58, 29 June 2011 (CDT)".
Thanks for helping and happy editing!
To Do List
- Finish filling in Monster information, especially their abilities and MP totals.
- Finish entering in all level 32 Companion data and create pages for all abilities on the Companions page.
- Update each seed's information under Items.
- Update all abilities on the Abilities page with what level or Skill Tree Branch they are learned and verify that the rest of the info is correct
and that it is using the Skill template.(All Skills now have the template)
- Finish filling in / fixing Armory information as new items have been added to the game and some stats have changed. All equipment tables need to be verified/updated.
- Finish filling in city and area information in Regions (this includes listing quests, monsters and NPCs in each area).
- Under the Beginners_Guide section, need to add sections for assigning quick bar slots, inviting/dueling players, auto heal, and trading with players.
- Create pages for quest giver NPCs in Quests using the new NPC Template.
(Most of this information can be found on the Old Wiki under npcs.)(Old wiki link is long dead)
- Some quest info and reward info needs to be updated since they have recently changed.
- Better descriptions for everything (especially Classes)
- The Q&A section can be greatly expanded (Badges, Server Types, Stand Alone Installer vs Byond, Daily Quests and lots more).
- Add images to the Buildings page.
Verify that the correct stats are listed for everything on the Set page. Create pages for Quest Items and Holiday on the Items page. Finish converting individual monster pages to the new layout for Black Sanctum monsters and Shade forms. Add missing status effect and their icons to the Status_Effects page. Add the picture for the website (top left) which can use the one from the old wiki (unless someone creates a better one or updates the existing picture. Redesign Main Page. (Consult forums first) Fix collapsible tables.Not needed. Add Rep Rank under the new Monster template to all monsters. Add a fixed table width to the templates used on the Abilities page(No longer used.) Add table to Abilities page to fix alignment of class skill boxes.(This was actually just a bug in one of the templates.) Upload front facing images for all companions and add them to the Companions table. Put in some form of sorting and information for Companions. Make sure that all instances of Sanctum Shards and Colosseum Emblems in the wiki are renamed to "Sanctum Badges" and "Colosseum Badges".(The corresponding pages have also been moved. See Sanctum Badges and Colosseum Badges.) Redo FAQ page (Partly done) Redo Classes page to look more graphically awesome*(Redone, still possible to add more.) Redo any templates that need 'editing' to make them look better or change layout Tales from the Crypt needs to be redone in the new template Copy over Bestiary pictures from the old wiki to use in the new one. (Mostly done, missing some pictures) <--- Some of those pictures are very dated. There is no reason to copy them over if the sprites are no longer the same. Updated The Warrior's Crypt Bestiary Section with old wiki information and pictures Updated and Fixed Ardan Start moving over monsters for the Bestiary from old wiki New quest information needs to be changed in the quest's pages. This is to replace the "Rewards" information. Make a new template for items, this needs to be done before too many more items are finished so we don't need to backtrack too much Need skill data for Warlock - Shiftwave/Scare/Sacrifice Change items to have an "Effects" column added to the wikitables in Items for quick reference Copy over items from old wiki Start moving over Quests from old wiki Finish up character skills(Can use Burn as a template) Make a new template for weapons(Follow Cypress Stick as an example) Make a new template for armor(Follow Battleweave Tunic as an example) Make a new template for monsters(Follow Slime as an example} Make a new template for Quests(Follow Journey to Balzackia as an example) Make a skill template(Follow Burn as an example) Create a Bestiary icon for main page Update the Custom Guild Capes section under Guilds to reflect that these are not always going to be available.
Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.